Text Message Health Surveys
Design a text message-based service that would give health agencies, news organizations, and medical firms access to the knowledge and opinions of doctors, while offering doctors a simple way to share expertise and earn money for themselves or charity.
- Interview project stakeholders to determine business needs
- Conduct a study of comparable text message-based survey services
- Develop personas for physicians, healthcare industry surveyors, and administrators working for Truth on Call
- Design an information architecture that accommodates new users (physicians and industry personell), survey respondents, survey creators, and Truth on Call staff.
- Create an interaction design specification that makes creating an account or a survey fast and simple
- Truth on Call featured in the New York Times' Bits Blog: Have a Medical Question? Text a Group of Doctors
- Truth on Call is nominated for a 2010 World Technology award in the category of Communications Technology
- Survey by text message system is successfully used by MSNBC to ask specific doctor populations about violence in healthcare settings, patient behavior after a health scare, injuries from teen bullying, and the significance of exercise as a habit.